Breaking News

Breaking News Update: Economic Recession: Nigerians regret voting for Buhari- Apir

Zarfund

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Tweets free mother locked in church

Sarah Greep/PA Wire22 hours ago By Press Association

A jam-maker who found herself locked inside a church was eventually rescued - after tweeting for help.

Sarah Greep, from Plymouth, was inadvertently imprisoned inside the city's Minster Church of St Andrew on Sunday morning when volunteers were unaware the mother-of-two was still inside.

The 43-year-old sought to raise the alarm, but - in a sign of the times - used the microblogging site to raise the alarm.

Mrs Greep, who tweets under the handles @SarahGreep and city-inspired business @JannerJam account, wrote: "I'm locked in inside St.Andrews Church! I was in private praying chapel & when I came out, everyone was gone & doors locked. #Plymouth #help"

She later added: "Trying to think of best way to get out of this church with minimum disruption. It's quite calm & peaceful in here so in no hurry #Plymouth"

Mrs Greep spent the next few hours cataloging her bid for freedom, also using her phone to find a number for the church caretaker.

But the social media-savy businesswoman's tweets soon caught the eye of local police, who managed to track down a warden with a spare key for the door.

Mrs Greep said: "I realised I was locked in so I started going through my phone book, thinking of all the people I could contact.

"But it was a lovely day outside, I thought most people would be out enjoying the weather. I didn't want to bother anyone so I just started tweeting."

She added: "I tried the doors but they were locked. I spotted some wine, too - I thought God probably wouldn't mind if I had some, if it really came to it, but in the end someone came and rescued me."

No comments:

Post a Comment