Breaking News

Breaking News Update: Economic Recession: Nigerians regret voting for Buhari- Apir

Zarfund

Friday 24 January 2014

I Told You to Join PDP, Why Did You Move to APC? ––Jeremiah Useni Dares Reps Member

Those who think House of Reps members do not have a mind of their own will be disappointed...

Indeed, politics is an endless play out of intrigue. How else do you explain the chairman of one party asking a member of his party to decamp to a different party? But it actually happened.

The Chairman of the Democratic Peoples Party, DPP, General Jeremiah Useni, has denounced a member of the House of Reps who decamped on Tuesday from DPP to the All Progressives Congress, APC. He says he “directed” the member to decamp to PDP and was shock when he saw him in APC. Very funny!

Mr Useni wrote the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, saying Suleiman Kwande’s decision to join the APC is not with his blessings.

“This is to inform you (Tambuwal) that he (Kwande) does not have my backing, he was directed to declare for the PDP,” Mr. Useni, a retired army general, said in his letter.

But in his reaction, Hon. Kwande says his decision to decamp to the APC was well thought out, and after due consultations with his constituents.

“My decision was based on my conviction. And I obviously didn’t just jump into APC without consulting the people in my constituency, I am representing hundreds of thousands of people and I consulted with people.

"I don’t think giving instruction on which party to join is a good omen for democracy. I should be able to choose where to go, not a party chairman or someone saying you should go to this or that place.”

No comments:

Post a Comment