Breaking News

Breaking News Update: Economic Recession: Nigerians regret voting for Buhari- Apir

Zarfund

Wednesday 22 January 2014

“Most People See Me As A SEX Symbol”


•SOUNDCITY Presenter, MOET Opens Up On Her Life 
+Her Sex Video Allegation 
*****
Popular Soundcity TV Presenter, Laura Monyeazo Abebe more known as Moet Abebe is the daughter of John Abebe, brother of late First Lady Stella Obasanjo. In this interview with MODUPE AHMED, Moet talks about her career, and love life.

*****

When did TV start for you?

I started working with Soundcity on 11th October 2011. A few months after I graduated from the University of Manchester, I moved back to Nigeria. I started with Entertainment News, a daily programme, I got better and my boss gave me the platform to start my own show. Then I have one-on- one interviews, Global Countdown, Friday Countdown International Show, a Sunday magazine programme.I know 2014 will be a lot better.

At a time, you featured in various musical videos, what’s the experience like?

Actually I am no longer doing videos. When I was in England I used to model so I was contacted by Lynxxx, that was how I got the job. I am not a video vixen, I am a TV presenter.

What’s your educational background?
I attended a boarding school in Surrey, England; in the surburbs it was interesting because I was one of the only black person with a bunch of different personalities British, Japanese, Spanish, Mexicans. That’s the beauty of being in a boarding school because you meet people from different races, and the cultural awareness was swell for me while growing up.

What’s it like being an Abebe? How was it having Stella Obasanjo as an aunty?

Well, my dad has other children apart from me. My aunty was a lovely person, and she left her impact on all of us. Today, once people hear my surname they ask, ‘are you related to late 1st lady’, and I am like yes.I am an only child from my mother, and I grew up with my mum. My dad is my life but he definitely has other responsibilities that means other kids as well. My mum is my all and I am her all. I didn’t have brotherly or sisterly love per se. I think I really loved growing up on my own because I was really spoilt by my mum.

What’s your relationship status?

I am in a relationship with someone who works with MTV Base but I am not going to disclose his name. He is not an on-air personality; we have been together for 2 years now.

How did you take the sex tape video story that went viral?

On this sex tape scandal, I would want the whole thing to end. It’s not something one would want to be associated with one’s name.For clarity sake, it is not true. Definitely it’s false and I wasn’t the one in the tape.
How do you handle male admirers?

I think Nigerian men tend to have this thing; I am not speaking for myself , it’s a general term as it happens in all countries but especially in Nigeria, they are intrigued by women on TV. They are intrigued by the fact that you are an actress so it’s quite hard to let people know that there is more to me than the looks.

Who is the Moet Abebe people don’t know?




I am just this girl who has a passion for turning heads. Though I studied Law, Theatre Arts has been my dream.People just have a wrong perception on what they read on blogs.They are trying to make it seem like I am some sort of sex symbol. I do have pictures on my Instragram that are not bikini pictures where I am meeting a Governor or someone in politics making a change for Nigeria. I am a bit rebellious. I do not form. I do not like to go out but my job makes me. I am from Edo state. I like Thai foods. I want to tell my fans, thanks for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment